Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Green Police Cometh

Amongst the variety of edgy, sometimes distasteful, but usually funny Superbowl ads was one that was meant to be funny - the "Green Police" ad by Audi.



As I was watching it, I noticed that most of the little skits in this as aren't really so far-fetched in our current "green" political environment. Which is scary. Really, really scary. In fact, the ad sent a chill down my spine as I was watching it live on Sunday.

I've long been a nature-lover. Get me outdoors in the middle of the woods or in a big open field - or pretty much anywhere that isn't inside - and I'm a happy camper. And I want to make sure that it's there for my kids. I'm a conservationist, not an environmentalist. I'm a conservative, especially when it comes to the natural environment. But this spot reminds us that the "green" people are zealots who only want to use saving the environment as a political tool to push a radical agenda. They don't give a damn about the environment. They want the power to tell you and I how to live and what size toilet to have and what kind of light bulbs we have to buy and that we're only allowed to use one-ply toilet paper, one square at a time.

This is why you don't vote for "change" jut for the sake of change, folks. Because the people who are running the country right now are the ones who are going to force stuff like this down our throats.

No comments: