Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hiking on the Moon

I was digging around on my hard drive this morning and ran across this:



It's the first photo composite I ever did in Photoshop, back in 1996. It's comprised of three photos - one of me and my buddy, Gary, hiking at Buescher State Park, another of a colorful cloud that has been stretched and another of a shot of the Earth from the moon.

I even found the original Photoshop file with the layers. As I look at it almost 15 years later, I still love it. It's simple, it's not put together well and you can see the seams, but it represents a more artistic, more imaginative time in my life. Looking at this image just reminds me of all the creative energy I had back then, when every project was fresh and new and a little (sometimes a lot) scary.

Wow. Good times.

1 comment: