Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back at the Ranch

Yesterday Kristi, the kids and I headed out to Washington-on-the Brazos State Park to cap off our Independence Day celebration. Normally, they would have one of the best fireworks displays around, but due to the burn ban the fireworks were cancelled and there was a laser light show, instead. Before the light show, local band Back at the Ranch played music for the crowd as they arrived.

I'm honored to know Clover and Rachel Carroll, two members of the band, so I picked up the camera and tried to get some shots of them on stage. The evening sun was hot, but it was setting really nicely to the right of the stage, which allowed me both some really good light and the opportunity to practice playing with lens flares. I've recently switched to full manual shooting and have only recently found the joys of shooting beautifully sun-washed photos that, frustratingly, were almost impossible on the semi-automatic modes I was accustomed to using.

I shot over 600 frames in all, but these are a few of my favorites. A couple of them are going in my portfolio. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed shooting them.

_MG_0107

_MG_0281

_MG_0284

_MG_0327

_MG_0352

_MG_0368

_MG_0417

_MG_0425

_MG_0613

_MG_0637

_MG_0640

_MG_0696

_MG_0716

No comments: