Monday, November 28, 2011

Turpin Family Portraits

Last weekend, I was honored to be asked to shoot some family portraits for some old friends of ours - the Turpins.  A few months ago I got to shoot baby portraits of baby Jackson, and so I was very pleased when they asked me back to shoot the whole family.

They wanted to shoot outside, which I always love.  But the day was gray and overcast with light that most photographers LOVE to shoot in - but that I hate.  I love contrast, and I really like shooting in sunny conditions.  But the shoot must go on, to paraphrase and old saying...

So we went down to a park near where they live and shot using a flash, diffused with a gel on it to give a bit more warmth than the day would have otherwise offered.

Here are some of my favorite shots:





















No comments: