Thursday, February 19, 2009

The world is about to get a little bit more throwbacky

Everyone who knows me - and anyone in earshot- has heard me rave like a freaking madman about how wonderful Dr. Pepper made with real sugar is. It's been available at a few places here in Brenham for years, but it seems to be popping up more and more places lately, such as Wal-Mart and HEB. It's light years better than that corn syrup crap. And I thought it couldn't get any better.

Until today.

Pepsi and Mountain Dew will soon (in mid-April, apparently) be made with real sugar, also.

Stop. Think of the ramifications. Calm down a little. Let the heart rate settle... Change your underpants if necessary.

Real. Sugary. Goodness. Mmmmmmm. I am SO pumped about this. I've long said that soft drinks just don't taste as good as they did when I was little. And it's all because of the sugar. In the mid-'80s, corn syrup replaced sugar as the sweetener in soft drinks and things just haven't been the same since. And when Pepsi moved from a steel can to an aluminum one, well, I died a little inside.

I'm really excited that I can finally share a Pepsi or a Mountain Dew with my kids the way they were intended to be enjoyed. With real sugary goodness. Now if only Coke would make a formula with real sugar... Don't worry. I suspect they'll be on the bandwagon soon.

No comments: