Thursday, April 8, 2010

My iPhone is Now Obsolete

Apple today held a special event on the Apple campus in Cupertino to announce the iPhone OS 4.0. I haven't watched the event yet (I've read a summary of what was announced), but one of the highlight features is multi-tasking on the phone.

So I clicked over to Apple.com to see if the video had been posted yet and noticed the following:

iPhone OS 4 Compatibility
iPhone OS 4 will work with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and the second- and third-generation iPod touch this summer, and with iPad in the fall. Not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 3GS and the third-generation iPod touch (32GB and 64GB models from late 2009).

I still have an original iPhone (with the aluminum backing), and it's not on the list of compatible devices. So it looks like my phone has been abandoned on the software platform. It's been a good three-year run.

No comments: