Saturday, October 9, 2010

Flip Flops

Last night we went down to Katy to see my brother, Adam, who is a senior at Mayde Creek High, for the marching band's senior night. While we were there, I got to thinking about a few things, and one of them was flip flops.

They were everywhere - on the students, on mothers, on fathers, on little kids running around. And because we were at a high school game, I thought about flip flops when I was in school.

When I graduated in 1993, no one wore flip flops. It was the age of Gap and Nike. People wore flip flops to the pool and around the house, maybe. Only slobs wore them out in public. But now, here they are everywhere. It's not that flip flops are bad. I was just thinking about how their acceptance has changed in almost 20 years.

And believe me - times have changed.

No comments: