Monday, December 6, 2010

Less of a Man

Am I less of a man because I don't hunt?
... because I only fish every now and then?
... because I don't watch every game that's on all weekend?
... because I'm not into cars?
... because I don't go out every day after work to drink with the guys?
... because I don't have a girlfriend on the side?
... because I don't wear a hat?
... because I don't know how to rebuild an engine?
... because I don't play golf very often?
... because my truck isn't a diesel?
... because it can't pull fifty times its own weight?
... because I don't often wear boots?
... because I don't own a boat?
... because I don't have a beard?
... because I choose to spend my weekends with my family?

Does wanting to do my own thing, in my own way, with the people I choose, make me less of man?

Or does it make me more? Does it make me me?

1 comment:

MommyGirl said...

Oh, there's a story there.
And no, to all of the above.