Friday, October 7, 2011

An Artist a Day: 4

Today, day 4 of An Artist a Day, is Rush day.  I intentionally scheduled this on a Friday. Rush is my favorite band of all time, and there's nothing like turning on Rush and listening all the livelong day.  I know what you're saying: "with Rush, 8 hours is only about 5 songs..."  Har har.

iTunes picked "Oh Canada" (from the South Park soundtrack) as the first song in the playlist.  I'm sure it had a good giggle over that.  I'm not counting that one.  So the first REAL song in the playlist is, appropriately, "Dreamline," which was the song that got me hooked on Rush during my junior year of high school.  I can't listen to that song without thinking of my high school buddy, Brad Chelette.

"We are youngWandering the face of the EarthWondering what our dreams might be worthLearning that we're only immortalFor a limited time"

My Rush library consists of 209 songs and 18.3 hours of music.  Maybe I should do TWO Rush days.  Hmmmmm...

No comments: