Sunday, March 1, 2009

The coolest groom's cake EVER!

Last night I attended the wedding of a fellow Sammy Bearkat. Those of us who were or are Sammy are a bit like a fraternity. The Brotherhood of the Orange Fur, if you will. He wanted Sammy at the reception and asked me if I would do it. Naturally, I jumped at the chance! A good time was had by all, but the absolute coolest thing about the reception was the cake. The bride's cake was beautiful and very traditional and girly. And the groom's cake... well, words just don't do it justice. Here's a photo:



The cake was a Sammy Bearkat head - and a pretty good likeness, too. But there were literally THOUSANDS of strands of icing making up the fur of the cake. Way, WAY cool.

I didn't get a piece - about the time it was time to cut the cakes I had to go put on Sammy. But I don't think I could've brought myself to eat it, anyway.

No comments: