Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Voices in my head


A friend from high school sent out a video yesterday showing her new house in Georgia. We were good friends back in high school, but we haven't seen each other or spoken since 1993, except via e-mail.

So when I started playing the video, her narration sounded odd to me. There was a voice coming out of my speakers that I didn't expect and didn't remember. In fact, to me her voice sounded like Ruby's in the children's TV show Max and Ruby. In my head, I could hear how her voice sounded, or at least how I thought I remembered it.

I know people's voices change over time. And being a former mascot, I know that people imagine a voice in their head for characters and people, often times wildly incorrectly. But it still struck me that the voice I heard seems so wrong.

It makes me wonder about the accuracy of a lot of my memories.

No comments: