Monday, December 28, 2009

RIP: Roy Disney


I'm not sure how I missed this a few weeks ago, but Roy Disney passed away on December 16. He was 79.

As head of Disney Animation, Disney helped to guide the Studio to a new golden age of animation with an unprecedented string of artistic and box office successes that included The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King."

John Lasseter said about Roy Disney:
"I first met Roy when I was still an animation student at CalArts. Not only did I consider him a personal friend, but he was a great man who believed deeply in the art of animation. He put his heart and soul into preserving Disney's legendary past, while helping to move the art of animation into the modern age by embracing new technology. Roy was a visionary and passionate supporter of the art form, and he was all about quality.



via D23.

No comments: