Friday, April 8, 2011

Scenes from a Dinner

Last night we went to dinner with GoGo, Angus, Adam, Katie and Johnny to celebrate Adam's 18th birthday. While we were there, I took the opportunity to play a little bit with shooting some video with my new work camera, a Canon 60D.

I apologize for the audio on this - it's kinda tough to shoot video in a crowded restaurant and not get a lot of ambient noise. But I think I got some good shots of the kids playing and a couple of interesting shots of me playing with the focus.

The thing that I like about shooting with the 60D is that you get all the benefits of a DSLR camera - warmth, clarity and the use of the full aperture range, which allowed for some rack focus shots, one of which I threw in here. Zooming isn't smooth with a DSLR and there's no stability control, so the footage is shakier than with a video camera. I don't think that I'd want to shoot a feature-length film on one of these things, but for quick clips - especially at a fixed focal length - it's not bad.

No comments: