Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bent Over

I love going to concerts to see my favorite performers. But I absolutely HATE ordering tickets, and for one simple reason: Ticketmaster.

I'm going to see two shows this fall, Tom Petty and Rush. When I ordered my tickets I was astounded by all the nickel-and-diming that I was subjected to. Want the ability to print your ticket (and save Ticketmaster money on printing)? That'll be an extra $2.50. There's an order processing fee. There's a "convenience fee" - per ticket, no less. Hell, I'm surprised they don't charge you a fee just for looking for tickets on their website.

It's really frustrating. In fact, it was almost enough to make me just say "screw it" and not go see the shows. It's bad enough that the tickets for lawn seats were more expensive than I'd really expect lawn seats to be. But then I have to pay additional, hidden (and inconsistent from one show to the next) fees on top of that?

Ridiculous.


No comments: