Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My New Want

I have a love/hate relationship with my mouse. When I got my new MacPro at work earlier in the year, it came with a new Magic Mouse, featuring a multi-touch top surface. It's great for most things, but horrible when working within page layout programs, such as InDesign or Quark. When working in those spaces, it's frustrating to have the canvas suddenly shift to the side. I've turned off that feature (which otherwise I like) to get around it. But then, what's the point of having the magic mouse if you can't take advantage of its multi-touch capabilities?

It also seems to really hate to play nicely with any mouse pad I put under it. It doesn't matter how busy or how spare the space is, the mouse suddenly jumps to the edge of the screen. A lot.

The Apple, sweet, wonderful Apple, unveils this today:



A huge trackpad. I've often wished that my Wacom tablet was a big trackpad, as well. I can't see replacing my Wacom with this, but I can definitely see replacing my mouse and putting this thing on my desk.

I can't wait to try one out.

And thanks again, Unca Steve.

No comments: