Tuesday, November 17, 2009

AP Poll: Americans Are Either Morons or the AP is Lying

From the Associated Press:

WASHINGTON — A new Associated Press poll finds that Americans favor taxing the rich to pay for covering those without health insurance.

Of all the approaches Congress is considering to pay for President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, the only one that got majority support in the AP poll was a new income tax on upper-income people.

That's the approach House Democrats took in their health care legislation, which passed earlier this month. The poll found 57 percent in favor of the idea, and 36 percent opposed.

In contrast, the public does not favor a tax on high-value insurance plans under consideration in the Senate. Fifty-six percent were opposed and only 29 percent in favor of that idea, which is also opposed by organized labor.


I'd like to state for the record right here and now that I don't support taxing other people to pay for something that I expect to be handed to me. I don't have my hand out, and I'm willing to pay for the goods and services I use.

And you other 57 percent - if you really exist - are effing morons for expecting "the rich" to pay for everything. I, for one, want to be rich someday and I'll want to keep my money. I work damn hard for my money, and I don't need some bullshit Congress confiscating it from me to pay for heath care for some unwed mother somewhere with twelve kids who couldn't keep her damn legs together.

Wake up, dipshits. You're killing your golden goose.

No comments: