Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Taxes Begin Now.

Yesterday, I took a ridiculous survey on the Washington Post website. It asked four questions, then determined that nothing would change for me under Obamacare. It also assured me that my taxes wouldn't be going up. It determined that out of only four questions. From a 2,000+ page bill that no one even knows all the details to yet. My BS detector redlined at that.

Then this from Bloomberg:

Indoor tanning salons will charge customers a 10 percent tax beginning today in just one of the changes Americans will see as a result of the U.S. health-care overhaul signed into law by President Barack Obama.


Now, I don't tan. But isn't that a new tax? I don't recall the Washington Post website asking me if I tanned at an indoor tanning facility. Wait- let me check. Nope. Not there.

Get ready, folks. There's going to be a lot more bullcrap like this coming down the road as the government forces itself into our lives and tells us what we can and can't do in our private lives on a daily basis.

Thanks, Democrats.

No comments: