Friday, August 21, 2009

Hypocrisy is a Dish Best Served Gay

From the AP:

"The Obama administration filed court papers Monday claiming a federal marriage law discriminates against gays, even as government lawyers continue to defend the law."


A pattern has emerged in this administration: tell people you believe one thing and do the opposite. I swear I remember Obama saying he believes a marriage is between a man and a woman in one of the debates.

"The administration believes the Defense of Marriage Act is discriminatory and should be repealed," said Justice Department spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler, because it prevents equal rights and benefits.


I had a conversation with a good friend recently about gay marriage. She seemed shocked that I don't agree with it. I simply believe that homosexuality is wrong, just like I feel that stealing or lying or murder or adultery are wrong. I believe that you can love the sinner and hate the sin, Biblically speaking. But just because I love the sinner doesn't mean I have to be accepting of their sin.

No comments: