Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Boneheadedness from Adobe

From AppleInsider:
Adobe announced this week that it has not tested and will not support its Creative Suite 3 line of products, including Photoshop CS3, on Apple's new Snow Leopard operating system.


Dumb move, Adobe. You just alienated a huge part of your install base on a product that only a year ago was still current. All in what seems like a ploy to force users to upgrade to the latest release. In a recession, no less.

I still use CS3 at work because I didn't see any compelling reason to upgrade to CS4. In fact, I didn't upgrade, in part, because I didn't like some of the things Adobe did in CS4's user interface. I made the recommendation, also, that the other people in my workgroup remain on CS3 as well.

And at home I still use CS2 because it works for my needs there. So what of that?

I think both products will still work fine on Snow Leopard (which I ordered yesterday). Adobe just won't help you if something doesn't work the way it should.

Is it me, or is Adobe feeling more and more like Microsoft every day?

No comments: