Friday, August 7, 2009

Don't Waste Your Time Seeing Bruno


For only the third time in my life, I got up and walked out of a movie last night. I went to see Bruno with my buddy Steve. We saw Borat together a few years ago and (the first time we saw it, anyway) laughed so hard that we thought we were going to throw up.

But as stupid (and raunchy at times) as Borat was, it was at least funny. Bruno wasn't funny in the slightest - at least not the 23 minutes of this stinking bag of crap that we sat through. I'm not going to go into detail - partly because I already wasted 23 minutes of my life on that movie, which is enough - but if you're going to go see a movie, go se ANYTHING but Bruno.

I'm also never putting any stock into a Rotten Tomatoes rating ever again. Bruno got a 68% favorable review, while other decent movies I've seen this summer got lower reviews, such as The Proposal's 44% and Terminator's 32%. Transformers got a 20% for Pete's sake, and I'd definitely go see that again.

We ended up going in to see The Taking of Pelham 123, an action adventure starring Denzel Washington and John Travolta. It was actually pretty good.

So again, I reiterate: don't go see Bruno. And memo to Sacha Baron Cohen: you're a one-trick pony who's on minute 18. Please stop making movies.

No comments: