Thursday, June 24, 2010

Flat Edges

One of the things some people are griping about regarding the new iPhone's design is the flat edges on the sides. However, it's one of the things that I'm going to love, and here's why:

I frequently try to set up a video camera in a corner somewhere and just shoot some footage of my kids playing or a family meal. I know everyday stuff like that is going to be gold someday. But with my old iPhone, the rounded edges made setting up the camera really, really difficult. I had the same problem while trying to take a shot of myself with my phone a few weeks ago when I climbed a mountain in Colorado. I usually end up rigging something up using stuff from wherever I am to lean the phone against - toys, a stapler, an orange, rocks - you name it. And nine times out of ten the phone would slip and fall over halfway through or as soon as I hit the shutter button on the screen.

But with flat edges? No problem. Set the phone on it's side (any side) and... It. Just. Works.

No comments: