Monday, June 8, 2009

Boomeroos


I was changing Noble's diaper the other day and noticing Elmo on the front. Some of his diapers have other Sesame Street characters and his swim diapers have Nemo on the front. It occurred to me that what these are is Underoos for babies. For those that don't know (or don't remember), Underoos were basically just underwear - usually a set of tighty whiteys and a matching T-shirt) with characters on them. There was Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Wonder Woman (for the girls) and my favorite - Captain America.

I have fond memories of running around the house (and, yes, the neighborhood) in my Underoos when I was little. Regretably, I have since given up wearing characters on my undergarments - mainly due to the fact that they don't make them in my size. If they made adult Underoos, you can bet I'd get some. Which got me thinking...

If I would wear underwear with my favorite childhood characters on them and my son and daughter both do - how about the LARGEST generation - the Baby Boomers? Then it hit me: Boomeroos (Trademark pending). Underpants for Baby Boomers with their favorite childhood characters on them. There could be Howdy Doody, I Love Lucy, Gene Autry and even Beatles and Grateful Dead.

The only thing is that as old as the Boomers are getting, I don't think that normal underwear is going to work. They should be Depends with a special imprint on the front.

Boomeroos - coming soon to an adult diaper section near you.

1 comment:

MommyGirl said...

I had Josie and the Pussycats. They weren't a favorite of mine or anything (the band/cartoon)--Mom must have gotten them on sale.

Remember Reagan's first Underoos? :)