Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Hangover


On Monday I went to a sneak peek showing of what I think is going to be one of the classic guy movies of all time. When my buddy Steve asked me to go I was really excited. In April we had gone to see another great guy-movie: I Love You, Man. I had seen the trailer for The Hangover and thought it looked funny, but I had no idea. It's abouta group of guys who head to Vegas for a bachelor party and wake up the next morning with absolutely no recollection of the wild night they had. And the groom is missing. And there's a tiger in the bathroom. And a baby in the closet. That's all I'm sayin'.

But it IS a guy movie. Ladies probably won't think it's as funny because every part of it is about how guys think and how guys talk. It's dead on. And it's completely random. You never know what's coming next. Seriously. No, really. I mean it.

But a word of warning - it's also completely raunchy. Not quite Superbad raunchy, but close. Steve and I sat next to an older gentleman in the theater. There were times during the movie when I think he felt really uncomfortable. At least he looked that way.

But it's definitely worth seeing in the theater. I'm planning on going to see it again and dragging a couple of my buddies along. It's a film that's meant to be seen with friends.

No comments: