Thursday, June 18, 2009

My love affair with Rudy's continues...


Okay, so the other day I posted an entry about Rudy's having both Mexican Coke AND Dublin Dr Pepper. I didn't even go into the incredible food (the cream corn is my favorite) that they have and the best sweet tea ever.

I've had this ongoing love affair with Rudy's ever since Kristi took me to the Round Rock location in 2007. There are other Rudy's locations, but for my money that's still the best one. The new location on 290 in Houston is a close second.

And I neglected to mention that one week in October 2007, I had Rudy's every night. That's right. For a week. One of the best weeks ever.

But I digress. Anyway, this morning in my inbox, I get a notice that someone had posted a comment about my Rudy's post. It turns out that it was Rudy's itself:
"Hey James!

Glad you love Rudy's and we agree it does beat ol' Disney World. See you again soon!

Respect the Meat!

RUDYS.com"


How many other barbecue joints would take the time to respond to a blog post? Now THAT'S awesome, and an indication of a company that's doing it right. I have no idea how they even found the post or the blog, but they did. And that means they have someone out there who's job it is do do that kind of stuff. That goes above and beyond what most ad agencies do for their clients and what most food chains do for their customers.

So kudos to you, Rudy's. As you know, word of mouth is the best advertising you can hope for. It's priceless. And take it from this advertising guy - I'm going to keep talking you up.

Thanks, Rudy's. You get it.

No comments: