Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kayci (A letter from Daddy)


Happy Birthday, big girl! Today you turn six, and it seems as though you've always been a part of lives. Mommy and I look at each other all the time and wonder what we did before you were born. Our live were so much different - so much less complete. We both feel as though in our souls that we've always known you - that we've always known your face. You were meant to be.

When you were born on this day in 2003, you changed everything. I never knew I could love so much or be so proud. You still find ways every day to amaze me, and you probably don't even know that you do it. You're just trying out your wings every day and growing, but what I see is a beautiful picture being painted, full of color and heart and subtle beauty. You are finesse. I hear music in your voice and a symphony in your laugh. Some of the best moments of my life are with you.

You inspire me. Thank you for being you.

I love you, bigger than the world.

-Daddy

No comments: