Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mountain Dew Throwback!


First Pepsi Throwback, and now Mountain Dew! When Kristi said she found some at Target in Pasadena last night, I was really, really excited. Pepsi Throwback was everything I remembered it to be, so I could only imagine how good Mountain Dew would be.

And I got my first taste today.

The first thing you notice is how much more like citrus Throwback smells. Kristi said that she remembered it not being all about the caffeine, but being smooth like Mello Yello was, but with a little more bite. Which is exactly the way I remembered it as well.

Drinking Mountain Dew Throwback is awesome. It's just so smooth. That's the difference real sugar makes. And it doesn't have that crazy after-taste like today's Dew does. I don't know about anyone else, but I keep seeing the old Mountain Dew commercial in my head - the one with the people splashing around in the water. I looked it up on YouTube so you don't have to:



Kristi picked up two 12-pack cans. So I'm looking forward to enjoying a little taste of the '70s and '80s every day for the next couple of weeks.

Now, if only they could bring back the original Orange Crush formula, the world would be a much better place.

No comments: